“Few obligations are more important—or more challenging—to small and medium-sized businesses than HR compliance. Limited staff and complex, ever-changing regulations combine to create obstacles Human Resources professionals must overcome to create and maintain a compliant company to avoid violations and penalties.
Several rules, laws, and acts must be considered, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), OSHA, sexual harassment, anti-discrimination, and more.
With a mile-long list of important initiatives, a small HR department may falter in staying on top of HR regulatory compliance. That’s where HR Consulting Group can assist your business. Call us today to discuss the benefits of an on-site HR department compliance assessment.
HR Consulting Group will provide ongoing advice to help your HR department remain current on new HR compliance regulations.
Human Resources Compliance Audit
A Human Resources department audit provides the HR department information they need to measure the effectiveness of their current process and proactively identify Federal regulatory violations that could potentially expose the organization to risk. Once your HR internal assessment complete, the data can be used by your HR team or ours, to correct actual or potential violations and develop an action plan that addresses known new or upcoming regulations.
HR Department Assessment
Conducting an HR comprehensive audit of policies and procedures provides us with information we use help you mitigate your HR risk to avoid claims and penalties. With a deep dive into current regulatory compliance material, we will consult with your HR team with compliance recommendations for actionable HR process changes.
Key Advantages of Working with HR Consulting Group for an HR Internal Review
Working with a full team of experienced professional has exceptional perks! We will review over 100 pertinent HR regulatory items and topics on site, in a timely manner, including:
- Recruiting – Talent Acquisition
- Develop retention strategies
- Complete HR Audit to ensure compliance (I-9/employee files/FLSA/FMLA/ADA)
- Develop policies/procedures and document in an employee handbook
- Draft job descriptions – FLSA compliance
- Conduct Interview training
- Conduct reference checks
- Provide comprehensive coaching to managers
- Develop Onboarding process
- Conduct employee relations coaching – handling conflict resolution
- Handle difficult terminations
- Develop disciplinary procedures
- Draft a performance management system
- Conduct employee satisfaction survey
- Present Anti-Bullying/Harassment training
- On-site presence – 24/7 coverage
We evaluate whether your internal HR compliance practices are adequate, legal, and compliant with State and federal regulations, identify shortfalls in the current HR regulatory compliance process, and recommend immediate changes to create effective policies that reduce your HR compliance risk.
Benefits of an HR Consulting Group HR Internal Review are:
- Feeling confident in the HR compliance processes that are in place
- Working with trusted professionals
- Quickly—within seven to ten hours—gaining access to recommendations for improvements on your current plan
- Handling any holes in your HR process that leave the company open to risk
An HR department assessment is a necessary process to protect your business from violations, penalties and employee claims. A business that remains unaware of potential HR compliance violations is bound for trouble.”